Our Moving and Packing Tips
You’re ready to make the big move, but your stuff isn’t. Packing up all your belongings is a big task, but there are many ways to make the process easier. These moving and packing tips will help get you ready!
- Call Dan the Movin’ Man to make your moving reservation
- Don’t procrastinate: set a schedule!
- Pack room by-room
- Use saran wrap to protect jewelry or delicate items
- Put heavy items in small boxes and light items in bigger ones
- Pack a box of essential items you will need immediately after the move in a clear box
- Start selling unwanted items at least 6 weeks before the move
- Schedule disconnect times for your utilities in advance
- Don’t leave empty spaces in boxes, fill in the gaps with clothing or packing paper
- Tape boxes well
- Arrange to have your kid/pets taken care of on the day of the move
- Tape the bottom and top seams of the boxes for extra security